Georgetown Village was established to help senior neighbors age in
place by providing them with the practical means and services to do so. Such services may
include providing transportation to appointments, home visits, and concierge
services. We work with trained volunteers and professional service providers to
meet our members’ needs. The needs and desires of members will continue to shape
the services we offer.
Georgetown Village also provides opportunities to meet neighbors at
our social activities and group meetings. Please join us and participate in the
wide variety of activities we offer to enhance your daily living.
As our membership grows, our services, provider lists and
opportunities for volunteering will also grow. If you have ideas for services
or activities, please contact Lynn Golub-Rofrano, our Executive Director.
We have produced a brochure to help better explain what we do and the services we offer. Please click here to take a look at our general services brochure and click here for our health care services brochure.
Georgetown Village is part of a growing network of communities nationwide, including 17 in the Washington, DC, area, in
which neighbors are helping neighbors age in place.
Come be part of a caring, supportive community. Read more on volunteering.
The Georgetown Village office is located on the lower level of
the Long & Foster Georgetown Office. The street address is 1680 Wisconsin Ave, NW. Georgetown Village operating hours are Monday through Friday, 10 am-6 pm and our office is staffed Monday through Thursday from 10 am - 6 pm.
In the News
The Georgetown Dish "The Gift of Caring"
You can click here to read the full article.
CBS NEWS "Seniors put a new spin on assisted living"
Village Inc. was incorporated in 2010. We officially opened our doors to provide services for members on December 6, 2011 with a lovely Launch Party at Blake Hall in St. John's Episcopal Church.
Since that time we have:
- Grown to about 200 members
- Performed over 1000 volunteer services for members
- Received 2 $10,000 donations from Wells Fargo, our first corporate sponsor
- Started a regular Thursday Speakers Bureau featuring evening lectures by experts in fields of interest to Georgetown Village residents
- Conducted multiple volunteer training sessions and trained and vetted over 50 volunteers
- Formed cooperative relationships with Georgetown University Hospital and Medical School
- Organized monthly docent-led museum trips and outdoor activities
- Formed an on-going book discussion group covering contemporary fiction and non-fiction based on the interests of the participants
- Participated in the Village to Village National Organization Conferences and Webinars
- Actively participate in local cooperative Village Activities and WAVE (Washington Area Village Exchange)
- Received national and local news coverage in multiple Georgetown newspapers and blogs. See 2014 CBS Story here Georgetown Village
Georgetown Village respects the privacy of its