About Georgetown Village
Georgetown Village was established to help senior neighbors age in
place by providing them with the practical means and services to do so. Such services may
include providing transportation to appointments, home visits, and concierge
services. We work with trained volunteers and professional service providers to
meet our members’ needs. The needs and desires of members will continue to shape
the services we offer.
Georgetown Village also provides opportunities to meet neighbors at
our social activities and group meetings. Please join us and participate in the
wide variety of activities we offer to enhance your daily living.
As our membership grows, our services, provider lists and
opportunities for volunteering will also grow. If you have ideas for services
or activities, please contact our Executive Director.
Georgetown Village is part of a growing network of communities nationwide, including 22 in the Washington, DC, area, in
which neighbors are helping neighbors age in place.
Come be part of a caring, supportive community. Read more on volunteering.
The Georgetown Village office is located on the second floor of
St. John’s Rectory at 3238 O Street, NW (see picture on Contact Page). Georgetown Village operating hours are Monday through Friday, 10 am-6 pm.
Village Inc. was incorporated in 2010. We officially opened our doors to provide services for members on December 6, 2011 with a lovely Launch Party at Blake Hall in St. John's Episcopal Church.
Since that time we have:
- Grown to over 200 members
- Performed over 500 volunteer services for members
- Received a $10,000 donation from Wells Fargo, our first corporate sponsor
- Started a monthly Thursday Night Speakers Bureau featuring evening lectures by experts in fields of interest to Georgetown Village residents
- Conducted multiple volunteer training sessions and trained and vetted over 40 volunteers
- Begun to form cooperative relationships with Georgetown University Hospital and Medical School
- Organized monthly docent-led museum trips and outdoor activities
- Formed an on-going book discussion groups covering contemporary fiction and non-fiction based on the interests of the participants
- Participated in the Village to Village National Organization Conference and Webinars
- Received news coverage in multiple Georgetown newspapers and blogs
Georgetown Village respects the privacy of its