|How to Help
|Social, Cultural, and Educational Programs
To help you live life to the fullest, Georgetown Village provides programs to address your diverse interests and abilities. Check our calendar to see what is going on and register for events. We also send out e-mails and newsletters on a regular basis. For a quick idea, call the office and we will fill you in on that week’s events!
Regular activities include
Regular activities include :
- Coffee Talk with Lynn, our Executive Director. Join Lynn Golub-Rofrano every Thursday morning from 10:30-11:30 to discuss your thoughts about the Village and hear what is being planned as it happens. No RSVP is necessary. Come by and have a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and share your thoughts. Held in the Parlor on the ground floor of the Rectory.
- Book Groups-meets monthly and discusses contemporary fiction and non-fiction books. Here is the list of books we have read to date Contemporary Book List
- Classic Book Discussion Group-takes an in-depth look at classic works
- Georgetown Village Happy Hour-currently held on the first Monday and third Tuesday from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Daily Grill on Wisconsin Avenue. Free parking is usually available
- Monthly Docent-Led Outings-monthly outings with docent led tours to museums and other places of interest in the Greater Washington DC area.
- Monthly Movie and Discussion-we meet at the Loews Georgetown the fourth Tuesday each month to watch a movie and we have dinner together at Chadwicks
- Exercise Opportunities including Tai Chi, Qigong, Yoga, and Walking Group
- Professional Speakers at our Thursday Night Speakers Bureau: an opportunity to hear professionals in a variety of fields and enjoy some wine and snacks with fellow GV members.
- Theater, Film, and Music Outings on a Monthly Basis
To see the programs for this month, please check our events calendar.