Includes: Entertainment, Merchants, Local Transportation, and Travel
• AMC/Loews Theatres— From noon to 3:55 p.m. daily, seniors take $1.00 off regular ticket
price. After 4:00 p.m. everyone pays the $9.00 price. Tuesday is Seniors’ Day, noon to 3:55
p.m., with tickets costing $6.00. Weekends, before noon, seniors also pay just $6.00.
• Arena Stage— Seniors often take advantage of their Group Rate: 30% discount off any
performance for groups of 10 or more. Box Office: 202.488.4380. arenastage.org
• Ford’s Theatre— For seniors 60+, matinée prices for some musicals and plays are $30 on
weekends, $27 on weekdays. Ticket information: 202.347.4833. fordstheatre.org
•John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts— Half-price for seniors 65+, except Sat.
evening. Must purchase in person with proof of age. Call 202.467.4600 for availability.
• Olney Theatre Center— Seniors 65+ receive $5 off all tickets, except Sat. evening and Sun.
matinees. Box Office: 240.644.1100. olneytheatre.org
• Round House Theatre— Ticket prices for seniors 65+: Bethesda – $40; Silver Spring – $10.
• National Theatre— Seniors can take advantage of their Special Patron Ticket Program (SPT).
Check availability at 202.628.6161or visit nationaltheatre.org/tickets/halfprice.htm.
• Shakespeare Theatre Company— For seniors 60+, 20% discount; at Wed. noon matinees, 50%
discount. Note: 20% not available for Fri./Sat. evening performances.
Box Office: 202.547.1122, option 1. shakespearedc.org
• Studio Theatre— Seniors 62+ receive $5 off tickets for all performances except on Saturday
evenings. I.D. required. Possibly better discounts available for groups. Box Office:
• Music Center at Strathmore— No senior discounts, but patrons can take advantage of discounts
in advance through “Special E-mail Offers.” Create an account to receive news & email-only
discount ticket offers. Tickets: 301.581.5100 or visit strathmore.org/account/signin.asp.
• Weinberg Center for the Arts, Frederick, MD— For seniors 62+, typically $2 off ticket price.
Group discounts for 10 or more. Box Office: 301.600.2828. weinbergcenter.org
• Regency Cab— Seniors 70+ (ID proof of age required) can call 301.990.9000 to arrange for
(1) free round-trip rides, up to 10 miles each way or (2) free round-trip rides to pick up
something, 5 miles each way (they will wait only 15 minutes for return trip). This program is
so popular that there are certain restrictions on availability and schedules fill quickly.
WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY
• Metrorail/Metrobus— Seniors 65+ may ride for half the regular fare on Metrorail, for 60¢ on
regular Metrobus routes, and for discounted fare on other participating bus service providers.
Senior citizens may purchase a Senior SmarTrip® card or $10 discount paper Metrorail
farecards and $6 Metrobus Weekly Disabled Passes by presenting a valid government-issued
photo ID card (driver’s license, non-driver’s ID or passport) at METRO sales offices and
commuter stores. For a full list of locations, go to wmata.com/fares/purchase/where.cfm.
If you are a local resident, you may pay the reduced bus fare by showing the bus operator a valid
Medicare card and a government-issued photo ID. wmata.com/fares/reduced.cfm
AARP membership entitles seniors to the following discounts:
• Avis Rent-A-Car— “Red Hot Deals” for AARP members. A percentage will be taken off your
rental bill with a vakid AARP membership card. Call 800.331.1800 or visit avis.com.
Budget Rent-A-Car— Get a 20% AARP discount on all rentals from corporate locations and
participating licensee locations. Use Budget Customer Discount #Y508501. Present AARP card
at time of pick-up. Budget.com
Enterprise Rent-A-Car— Enterprise offers AARP members 5% off the everyday low rates. Call
800 Rent-A-Car (736.8227) and use discount ID #RP72X7 and the number on your AARP card.
Hertz Rent-A-Car— Hertz offers AARP discount rates worldwide on daily, weekly, weekend and
monthly rentals. Call 800.654.3131, and present your AARP membership number plus CDP
#50075. You must present card at time of pick-up. hertz.com
• National Car Rental— AARP members receive discounts ranging from 5–15%, depending on
car type and day of week. Call 877.222.9058. NationalCar.com
• Amtrak— Seniors 62+ receive 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most trains.
Proof of age required. Visit amtrak.com and click on “Passenger Discounts.”
•Dress Barn— Monday-Wednesday, depending on location, seniors 55+ get 10% off total
•G Street Fabrics— Seniors get 20% off at Rockville location by mentioning the Hebrew Home.
Offer can’t be added to/combined with other discounts. gstreetfabrics.com
• Harris Teeter— Thursdays, seniors 60+ receive 5% off total purchase. MD locations include
Rockville, Germantown, Columbia; many stores in N. VA. harristeeter.com
Kohl’s— Every Wed., seniors 62+ receive 15% off clothing, home furnishings, beauty,
electronics, toys, and more. kohls.com
• Meadows Nursery Farm, Chantilly, VA— Every Wednesday, seniors 65+ get 10% off their
purchase. Call 703.542.2300 or visit meadowfarms.com
• Michael’s— Tuesday, seniors receive 10% discount with an AARP card. michaels.com
Stein Mart— First Mon. of each month. Seniors 55+ can take 20% off “red dot” clearance items.
• TJ Maxx— Tuesday, seniors get a 10% discount on purchases. tjmaxx.tjx.com
• Walgreens— “Senior Day” for Balance Rewards members 55+ and all AARP members occurs once a month, day varies by location. Discount is 20% off Walgreen brands and 15% off most everything else. walgreens.com