Executive Assistant-Immediate Opening
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for maintaining the office operations and providing direct administrative support to the Executive Director and Board using broad and comprehensive experience, skills, and knowledge. The EA will be responsible for ensuring administrative and office operations are developed to support GV’s internal activities and external relations. The successful candidate will have extensive computer, organizational, and people skills as well as the ability to work independently, multitask, and finish projects promptly and efficiently.
Schedule: 20 hours a week (Monday through Thursday)
To apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to: Position@georgetown-village.org
Position Responsibilities (the job is flexible and not limited to the below, position can be expanded to challenge you and help you increase your skills)
- Manage computer systems; Microsoft Office Suite, member database, website management, etc.
- Answer phone calls and implement clerical work-filing, mailings, new member packets, etc.
- Interact with members, volunteers, donors, etc. with a pleasant up-beat manner and can-do attitude
- Support fundraising activities including the annual fundraiser, send thank you notes to donors, maintain donor database, spread sheets, mailing lists, mail out invitations, end of year appeals, etc.
- Assist ED and committees with scheduling trips and activities, arranging for transportation, coordinating programs, etc.
- Assist board members with mailings, membership drives, fundraising activities, etc.
- Member services including tracking membership expiration dates, mailing out renewal notices, invoices, newsletters, maintaining member records, service request database, etc.
- Program coordination including maintaining records of attendance, and entering information into database, attending programs when necessary, assisting with scheduling and room reservations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years Executive Assistant/Office Managerial experience, non-profit experience is a plus
- Experience with working with current edition of Microsoft Office
- Experience with website management and back office software preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, extreme organization, and self-starter mentality
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with board, members, and volunteers, communicate effectively and meet deadlines